We are looking for a software developer to join our NECNL development team in Cegeka. Our team has a long-term collaboration with EMEA branch of NEC (www.nec-enterprise.com) headquartered in Hilversum, The Netherlands. Together, we develop and a contact center software platform that is sold to more than 3000 customers worldwide (including Romania ). A description of the product is available at http://www.nec-businessconnect.com/.
The project is a long-term, “enterprise” project with a variety of modules. Started more than 10 years ago, it follows the history of a classic successful project: grown, evolved and transformed during every release cycle, to meet the needs of both new and existing customers.
Development is done primarily in .NET 4.5.2/VS2015, using C# as programming language and a MSSQL database. User interfaces are either Windows Forms desktop clients or web-based applications, using a number of services for server-side processing and for communicating with the telephony devices.
The existing code is using a wide array of technologies, some of them new or current, some of them old and dusty. As an example, we have integrated an AngularJS web chat client into the product; on the other hand, there are still some services using .NET Remoting, or a few old VB6 dlls which nobody has yet found the strength to migrate to a decent programming language. Code quality varies from very good to “oh-my-god-who-wrote-this”. We do however encourage refactoring as part of the daily work; on top of this, the Product Owner agreed to let the team pick up non-functional improvements as they see fit, up to 20% of the sprint length.
We are using SCRUM as methodology for nearly three years; this was an initiative from the Romanian part of our team where we convinced our NEC colleagues that this would benefit our software development process.
Doing SCRUM in a distributed team has its challenges, but also its benefits. It has helped connecting the Romanian and Dutch part into one team, greatly increased the knowledge sharing and gave everybody equal opportunities to participate in all stages of development. Overall we feel it was a good move and we’re looking forward to sharing our experiences.
What we offer:
• Headquarters in the center of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• Continous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Crum/Kanban, coding oriented_TDD Kata)
• Free Gym Subscription- fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Massage within the company premises
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, boardgames, X-box)
• Long term career development programs
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots
Programming events (.NET nocturnes, JAVA nocturnes, etc., internal programming events to learn XP practices like TDD & Pair programming)
What you need to know:
• OOP, algorithms and data structures.
• C# - this is our primary programming language. Occasionally, you’ll be also reading/debugging VB.NET, VB6 and C++ code as well, so the more you know, the better.
• T-SQL and relational database design. Experience with ORM frameworks, primarily EF, is a plus.
• Windows Forms and/or ASP.NET
• Experience with AngularJS/jQuery is a plus
• Experience with cloud technologies, Azure or AWS, is a plus (although we do not use it yet)
• General knowledge of software development practices
• Fluent English; you’ll be using it daily in video conferences
What you need to be:
• Graduate of Computer Science/Cybernetics/Information Technology/Electronics College
• Willing to work as part of a team of developers, using SCRUM methodology
• Learning oriented person
• Mentor colleagues (including our Dutch colleagues) in expanding their technical skills
• Actively participate at improving the processes of the team; take initiatives and lead by example
• Come up with architectural improvements; promote/introduce new technologies to the team
• Shape the functional requirements for the product (during backlog grooming)
• Also: be a software developer – and a very good one!
Cegeka furnizează soluții ICT de înaltă calitate, ce ajută clienții la realizarea obiectivelor afacerii. În 2014 grupul Cegeka a realizat o cifră de afaceri de 280 milioane euro, o creştere cu 17% faţă de anul 2013.
Avem soluții specifice pentru sănătate, securitate socială, retail, logistica, industrie, sectorul public si financiar.. Anii nostri de experienta in aceste domenii vă garantează rezultate concrete.
Suntem o companie belgiană, cu filiale în diferite provincii şi tari.
Relaţii pe termen lung cu clienţii noştri, bazate pe angajament, implicare şi transparentă.